Has everyone had a moment to breathe after our announcement Wednesday? You are all so excited for our Out West Adventure to Montana and Brooke and I are dying to see who joins us!
I wanted to quickly recap information and add some more so you have as much information as possible before registration opens at 11 am eastern on Monday!
(Inspiration boards compiled from Pinterest for inspirational purposes only)
Dates: Shoot day is August 11th. 2018
Raindate is August 12th. We will shoot for 9 hours with plenty of models and hair and makeup/wardrobe changes to give your cameras a workout!
Price: $895 if paid in full or two installments of $460 (you get a little bonus for paying in full!) If you choose the installment option your final payment is due 1/31/18. *Registration does not cover travel, meals, lodging, etc. There are no refunds for this event.
Protective Radius: ANY High School Senior or Wedding Photographer is eligible to register (must reside 70 miles outside 22554). Travel accommodations not included.
We will gather the evening before for a optional Meet ‘n Greet like no other! We’ll enjoy a rustic authentic Western Chuck Wagon Dinner and S’mores around the Campfire. Kick up your boots and relax before the big day!
92 miles: Bozeman, MT (BZN / KBZN) Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport
108 miles: Idaho Falls, ID (IDA / KIDA) Idaho Falls Regional Airport
119 miles: Jackson, WY (JAC / KJAC) Jackson Hole Airport
135 miles: Cody, WY (COD / KCOD) Yellowstone Regional Airport
*The flights into Idaho Falls and Bozeman are most reasonable and will have rental car options.
This location is our home base because it offers everything we need for this destination! It is nestled at the foothills of the mountains on the West entrance of Yellowstone and is surrounded by the foothills of mountains with a rushing stream and horses. A perfect location!
There are a variety of lodging options starting at just $50 per person, per night, for those photographers traveling solo and interested in sharing lodging with 3 others. Or you can bring the whole fam and make a summer vacation out of the experience before and after the event!
How to register…
Monday at 11 am I will be posting a link in a blog post here, on the Senior Style Guide Facebook page and in the Senior Style Guide private Facebook group. All three places will have the same link so you can click on it from any of them!
We have very limited space available and have a 2:1 photographer to model ratio! Our model team will consist of both teen models and couples for both senior photographer, wedding photographers and those who are wanting to expand their portfolio to offer elopement and engagement destination sessions for adventurous couples!
In the past, events have sold out as quickly as one hour! As a previous Alumni said, “SSG + BDP Destination Adventure was the absolute best family vacation, boost for my business and tax write off I’ve ever experienced!”
Once registered, you will be added to a private FB group for all the planning and can choose to share a room/rental car with another photographer(s).
We look forward to seeing who will be joining us Out West! If you missed our announcement of this destination on Wednesday you can find it HERE!
Restrictions and Etiquette:
1. All attendees must be located outside a 70 mile radius of zip code 22554
2. Attendees will need to sign a contract that they will not teach or host a destination shoot workshop within 2 years of attending.
3. Images taken at the event may only be used for personal website and portfolio building. Images from the event shared on all social media must include @BrookeDanielsPhotography, @Seniorstyleguide, #ssgbdpoutwest and #ssgdestinations in the caption of every image posted. Images may NOT be submitted to any publications, contests, weekly favorites, blogs, or any other social media sites.
4. Attendees are not able to tag the models in any of the images they take.
Photographers are not allowed to give, share or sell their images to the models
5. If you own or work for a senior blog or magazine you may not attend.
6. Shooting Etiquette: During the shootout, each attendee will have ample time to shoot each model on their own as we will take turns in a organized and respectful manner. We want to be sure that each photographer walks away with images of models in different poses with different locations so that everyone’s images look different and reflect the individual photographer’s style. Shooting over each others shoulders will not be permitted. You will work as a team in the group assigned.
Our next big adventure together awaits!
See you there.
Vickie + Brooke