This is the list..the “ it” list of senior photographers.
Our contest is the ultimate image contest. We will be selecting 100 of the best senior photographers across the globe from the submissions we receive. We are calling ALL photographers to submit. Do not over think this because this contest only happens once a year at SSG.
We will be compiling the winning photographer’s image into the ultimate Look Book for senior photographers. This book will also include information on the top workshops, programs, gear and actions. So once you have the inspiration, you will have the tools to go and achieve your perfect image. The issue will be released November 15th. which will make this the ultimate Senior Magazine just in time for Christmas. This is a prestigious listing and you want your business to be listed in this special edition of our magazine.
* The founder of Senior Style Guide, Vickie Black, will be picking the cover winner. The cover contest is open to everyone.
We will be having some pretty amazing interviews with our three Leading Legends judges Amanda Holloway, Stephanie Pana and Nicole Cook and you get to see some amazing work from these photographers which is sure to inspire you.
The contest will run from June 11th.-September 1st . We have listened to you and extended the deadline until September 1st. This gives you plenty of time to pick the perfect image(s) to submit. Winners will be announced by name only on October 1st. All winners will be announced on our blog and facebook page. The winning images will be unveiled in the magazine due out November 15th!
1. All images must be high resolution and saved as your name and the category you are submitting each image for. For example vickieblackcountrychic.jpg for more than one image to the same category you can add a number. For example: vickieblackcountrychic2.jpg
2. All images must be dropboxed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not familiar with dropbox, it is free and you can sign up here:
3. Your dropbox folder will need to be your name Hot 100. For example Vickie Black Hot 100
4. We will not accept watermarked or low res images.
5. You will need to upload a word document with your contact info, website and facebook url, your name and your business name to your dropbox folder.
6. You must have a signed release for your images and it must be included in the dropbox folder for each image (if from different sessions).
7. All images must be dropboxed at the same time with the signed model releases and the info document.
8. You may submit either portrait or landscape oriented images.
All images that do not meet the submission criteria will be disqualified.
No refunds will be given for disqualified images.
Decisions made by the judges are final.
How will the images be judged?
All images will be judged on the following point system…
Use of light
There will be a maximum value of 5 points available for each category. The maximum number of points that can be awarded to an image will be 35. In the event of a tie (for example 101 images eligible), Vickie Black and Stacy Green from Senior Style Guide will make the final decision.
Image must be of a 2013 or 2014 senior.
All images must be added to your shared dropbox folder no later than 11:59 pm August 1 eastern standard time.
All images must be high resolution with a word document containing your contact information and business name.
Do not submit images taken from a workshop they will be disqualified.
Only the business name will be listed with the photo in the magazine.
By submitting you are stating you are the owner of this image and are granting Senior Style Guide permission to print your image in the magazine.
There will be no refunds given.
I look forward to seeing everyone’s submissions! This is going to be like the Christmas Catalog for Senior Photographers! I am so excited!