This is THE list..the “ it” list of senior photographers.
Our contest is the ultimate image contest. We will be selecting 100 of the best senior photographers across the globe from the submissions we receive. We are calling ALL photographers to submit. Do not over think this because this contest only happens once a year at SSG.
We will be compiling the winning photographer’s image into the ultimate print Look Book for senior photographers. This magazine will also include information on the top workshops, programs, gear and actions. So once you have the inspiration, you will have the tools to go and achieve your perfect image. The issue will be released November 15th. which will make this the ultimate Senior Magazine just in time for Christmas. This is a prestigious listing and you want your business to be listed in this special edition of our magazine. If you won last year, you are most definitely going to want to enter to try to reclaim your title!
Do not miss out on this. I received this email after the contest was over last year…“I didn’t enter the contest, now I am kicking myself! I cannot escape the HOT 100 buttons! They are everywhere in my newsfeed!”
Do not let this be you!
* The founder of Senior Style Guide, Vickie Black, will be picking the cover winner.
This issue will also include interviews with our three Leading Legends judges Jen Basford, Kalyn Yeager of Coco.laine and Latasha Haynes of Ike and Tash and you get to see some amazing work from these photographers which is sure to inspire you.
Glam (think prom, beautiful, elegant dresses)
Details (awesome accessories up close in your image)
Group Sessions (2 or more people in the photo)
The contest will run from June 2nd.-September 1, 2014 . This gives you plenty of time to pick the perfect image(s) to submit. Winners will be announced by name only on October 1st. All winners will be announced on our blog and facebook page. The winning images will be unveiled in the magazine due out November 15th! This magazine will be available for purchase in print. To purchase last year’s HOT 100 magazine click HERE
To submit more than 5 images, for example 10 images you would need to purchase the $15 option twice.
1. All images must be high resolution and saved as your business name and the category you are submitting each image for. For example jeremyandvickiecountrychic.jpg for more than one image to the same category you can add a number. For example: jeremyandvickiecountrychic2.jpg
2. All images must be dropboxed to me at email@example.com
If you are not familiar with dropbox, it is free and you can sign up HERE
3. Your dropbox folder will need to be your business name Hot 100. For example Jeremy and Vickie Photography Hot 100
4. We will not accept watermarked or low res images. If you send them, you will automatically be disqualified.
5. You will need to upload a word document with your contact info, website and facebook url, your name and your business name to your dropbox folder.
6. You must have a signed release for your images and it must be included in the dropbox folder for each image (if from different sessions). This is only to prove you have the rights to submit this to a magazine for publication. We ask everyone to do this as we do not want to go back and ask 100 people for this later.
7. All images must be dropboxed at the same time with the signed model releases and the info document.
8. You may submit either portrait or landscape oriented images.
9. You can enter as many images as would like to as many categories. Just be sure to select the appropriate number of images from the paypal payment button or multiple quantities.
10. If your Paypal name is different than your business name please note that in the paypal message area before submitting payment.
All images that do not meet the submission criteria will be disqualified.
No refunds will be given for disqualified images.
Decisions made by the judges are final.
How will the images be judged?
All images will be judged on the following point system…
Use of light
There will be a maximum value of 5 points available for each category. The maximum number of points that can be awarded to an image will be 35. In the event of a tie (for example 101 images eligible), Vickie Black from Senior Style Guide will make the final decision.
Image must be of a 2014 or 2015 senior.
All images must be added to your shared dropbox folder no later than 11:59 pm September 1 eastern standard time.
All images must be high resolution with a word document containing your contact information, paypal name and business name.
Do not submit images taken from a workshop. They will be disqualified.
Only the business name will be listed with the photo in the magazine.
Images will be narrowed by category and points awarded to those images to determine winners of that category.By submitting you are stating you are the owner of this image and are granting Senior Style Guide permission to print your image in the magazine.
There will be no refunds given.
Each winning photographer will receive a HOT 100 button and their image will appear in the magazine with image credit. We do not supply free print or digital copies of the magazine to winning entries. To read more about why this is our policy, you can visit HERE
To enter please select from the drop down menu of image numbers below.
(Deadline has past!)
I look forward to seeing everyone’s submissions! This is going to be like the Christmas Catalog for Senior Photographers! I am so excited!