I’m totally obsessed with it right now.
it also doesn’t help my obsession that valentine’s day is right around the corner!
but honestly, it’s the perfect pop-of-color for my sessions lately!
it easily compliments army jackets,
adds a little sass to your normal brown leather wedges,
make toes + fingers stand out against the cold weather that seems to be overtaking the nation!
BUT if I had to narrow down my obsession right now,
I think my favorite trend in using this pop-of-color is the red-lips.
katy perry, rihanna, blake lively, gwen stefani…all rocking the red lips.
shoot! taylor swift even wrote her record about red while rocking the red-lip trend!
(that’s like the inception of red-lip trend setting!) 😉
so how do you incorporate it into your next session?
I promise, it’s a lot easier than it looks…
you can easily add these four beauty items to your fashion fix-it kit that I wrote about a few weeks ago!
(which I KNOW all of you senior photog’s now have in the back your cars!) 😉
I like the make-up line Loreal, but feel free to pick your own!
I also hear that there are die-hard Mac & Chanel fan’s of red out there! 🙂
- matte foundation in a very neutral shade that matches your clients skin tone,
- Color Riche Always Red Lip Liner,
- Color Riche True Red (#315) Lipstick, and
- Infallible Lip Gloss in True Red (again #315).
so now what?
- use your pinkie to dab a very small amount of foundation to your clients lips…it’s to help remove the pigment of their current lip color.
- line her lips with the Lip Liner…this is important to help with bleeding…and a nice outline makes her lips pop!
- fill in with the True Red lipstick! blot once on a tissue once and then fill in where needed.
- lightly gloss the “heart” of her lips…it creates a little more 3-D full effect rather than coating the whole lip.
*I do need to add a bit of a warning to this trend though…
keep the rest of your clients make-up minimal and fresh…it allow your client stand out and NOT her make-up!
ALSO, save it for the end of your client’s session…it doesn’t need to be for every image! 🙂
I had the beautiful Sophie demonstrate what a simple pop of red looks like for this mini-session:
(we kept her make-up fresh and minimal for this first image…everything BUT the lip.)
beautiful girl – buuuut with a pop-of-red:
(*note – we didn’t change anything except her lips for this next shot.)
isn’t it AMAZING what a little pop-of-red does to the whole image…LOVE it and thank you Sophie!
I’d love to hear how you’re incorporating red into your sessions!
and as always, MUCH love!